Top Ten Tuesday!!!! Dean Koontz Book Covers

It's top ten Tuesday!!!! The subject is book covers; the theme is a freebie. I have chosen Dean Koontz book covers as my theme. Enjoy!

#10 "Intensity" book cover

The picture of a lone vehicle driving down a two lane highway that cuts through the woods remind me of everything that made this book so good and so intense. I particularly like this cover of "Intensity."

 Read Intensity by Dean Koontz Online Free - Read/Listen Books for Free

#9 "The Face of Fear" book cover

The tall building that reminds me of "Die Hard" morphed with a mountain perfectly encapsulates what makes this novel so good. It makes me wonder if I too would be willing to climb down the outside of a skyscraper to get away from a serial killer. Also, it just looks cool!

 The Face of Fear by Dean Koontz - Risingshadow

#8 "Elsewhere" book cover

This book is not actually out yet as of right now. It is Dean Koontz's newest book that is coming very soon! The starry night, the palm trees,  and the water made orange by the setting sun, sells me plenty well enough on this one!

 Elsewhere - Kindle edition by Koontz, Dean. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense  Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

#7 "Hideaway" 

Have not read, but I love a good creepy cover of something silhouetted against a sunset.

 Hideaway by Dean Koontz

#6 "Twilight Eyes" book cover

Never read this one, but I love that cover. A creepy carnival silhouetted by a sunset. One hundred percent yes!!!!

Twilight Eyes: Dean Koontz: 9780425100653: Amazon.com: Books

#5 "Mr. Murder" book cover

I have often thought to myself that I need to get around to reading "Mr. Murder," but I have never had it at the top of my Dean Koontz list, but once I found one with this cover, I bought it and put it in my top five to read.

Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz: 9780425238035 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

#4 "Dark Rivers of the Heart" book cover

I was in a Barnes and Noble looking through the Dean Koontz books when I found this one. I knew this book existed already, but when I saw that cover I knew I had to buy it whether or not I ended up reading it. It just gave me Mad Max vibes, but written by Dean Koontz still of course.

Amazon.com: Dark Rivers of the Heart: A Novel (9780345533036): Koontz, Dean:  Books

 #3 "By the Light of the Moon" book cover.

The eerie green lighting and candles sitting at the end of a dock is all that was needed for me to pick up this book. I literally picked this one up entirely because of its cover. I already decided I wanted to read it before I read the synopsis on the back of the book. It just screams intrigue!

By the Light of the Moon (novel) - Wikipedia

#2 "The Taking" book cover

The orange-glowing rain provides all the atmosphere and chills you could want from a novel. The book opens with the rain beginning to fall, creating unease withing you from the get go, which is why it is the perfect thing to feature on the cover of this novel. Also, it just looks cool!

Amazon.com: The Taking: A Novel (9780553593501): Koontz, Dean: Books

#1 "Cold Fire" book cover

The windmill on the cover of Cold Fire is one of the great sources of intrigue in the novel. It is teased from even a very early stage, so whenever a reader picks up the book again they will see the eerie looking windmill, which will reignite their intrigue and prompt them to once again ask the question. "What is the windmill's significance?"

Cold Fire by Dean Koontz

http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/?fbclid=IwAR3E3VnTLG_Pz4uIBvAEtc6sCUHoqovkaYGmwW8WMH0EC9DH4R-dPLbfCvg

Comments

  1. Dean Kootz has had so many great covers.

    My post .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Lydia! The covers are often intriguing enough for me to pick it up and look inside to see what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some very nice covers, Timothy. I haven't read anything by Dean Koontz, but these covers seem to convey what you can expect in the books. My favorite is Mr. Murder but the one with the carnival in the background is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that Mr. Murder cover as well. I'm beginning to think I should have placed it higher on my list. The more I look at it, the more I like it! "Twilight Eyes" is the book with the carnival on the cover and it is great too. The upward angle and the towering figures of the carnival in the sunset give it a very ominous and intimidating presence. If you ever choose to read a Dean Koontz book, Watchers, Intensity, and Odd Thomas, are some of his better books. Each of those books represent a specific type of story that Dean Koontz likes to tell and they are all great stories to tell!

      Delete
  4. I've actually never read a Dean Koontz book, but his covers are definitely eye-catching! Great choices here. I think Mr. Murder is my favorite.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To an extent, I think I placed the Mr. Murder cover too low on my list. I love the greener hue to the lighting. Additionally, I really like that the cover gives a perspective of looking out from a car window into a rainy world.

      Delete
  5. I think I’ve only read one Dean Koontz book, but I see them in the library all the time. Their covers are very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth! They certainly are eye-catching covers. Koontz is popular and he has written a lot of books so every library I have ever been to has a large collection of his works.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Dragon Tears" Antagonist

Redwall Book Review (Non-spoiler)